Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Big Bubba

I have been asked on a few occasions now, "What is the baby's nickname?" Well, we do have a definite nickname for him, but with it being such a close variation of his name, and my vow to "protect the innocent" :) I won't reveal it here. However, many many times a day, I say to him "Are you some kind of big bubba?" This could be for burping loud, pushing off of my legs with his legs, rolling over.......... just anything that impresses me. Since the question is always accompanied by flashy-eyed, mommy smiles, I always get a big, dimpled smile in response. It's great! :) He also has this thing of raising one eyebrow and smiling. It makes me think of something Joey (from Friends) would do......... or any guy who thinks he's all that, actually (and presuming he is "all that" AND has the ability to raise one eyebrow at a time). OK, now everybody who has tried to raise one eyebrow at a time while reading this post, raise your hand. :)

4 comments:

  1. I've been practicing that one eyebrow thing for a long time now!! LOL It just doesn't come naturally to me. I remember my mom would do that to us kids when we did something wrong, her eyebrow would raise and she would get that mommy look. So I guess big bubba has beat me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm very proud to say I didn't try doing it while reading your post though! Ha Ha Crystal! I can so see you looking in the mirror and holding up that one eyebrow with your fingers while scrunching down the other one. :) I only say that cause I do it. :) I like Big Bubba by the way and I want to see some pictures of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to confess, I tried it while I was reading the post. I could not do it very well, really had to concentrate on it. But my girls will tell you I was more of a chin quiver. Get out of my way because I was also a good aim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I did not try it while I was reading. I guess that makes me different from all of you. He also gives really cute "I know you are watching GB smiles. He is a real cutie.

    ReplyDelete