Saturday, October 26, 2013

Scheduled Nesting

Last Saturday my mother-in-law cheerily asked if I was all ready for the baby to come. I glumly admitted, "No. Not at all. I hope she doesn't come early!" "Well you already have five kids, what else could you need?", she replied. Feeling sheepish and childlike about it (does that make it "lamb-ish?")I said, "I need to clean my room". I also needed diapers, and baby jammies at the least, and all my supplies for a homebirth would be great... since we are having a homebirth. Regarding the diapers and jammies: Little did I know that a diaper shower had already been planned, and we were blessed with many packs of them, as well as some jammies and other cute things after church on Sunday. Regarding the homebirth supplies: I will have to get them this week. I usually go overboard, so I'm trying to think about what I have truly needed and used in the past. At this point it's a bit late, but with our first homebirth we simply ordered a birth kit form www.inhishands.com That made it really easy, and all we had to do was have snacks, Gatorade, etc. in the house. Regarding my room: Yikes! We have a ridiculously large bedroom. We are not the type of family in which everyone holes up in their bedroom and does their own thing. We are generally all out in the main areas doing things together. So, the bedrooms are primarily just a place to sleep. And in the case of our master bedroom -- to store junk. When we need something out of sight, or we aren't sure what to do with it yet, it goes in our room. Obviously this makes for a bit of a mess after a while. I don't like it, but it seems to be our M.O. Also, it does not make for a good space to give birth and hang out with a new baby. As this last trimester of pregnancy has been ticking away, my room has been a "monkey on my back". Amid, homeschooling, and caring for my home and children, as well as a plethora of church responsibilities and activities (which we scheduled long before I even became pregnant), and needing to rest more to make it through this pregnancy, our bedroom keeps getting put on the back burner. I have definitely been in the mood to nest, but it just wasn't happening. I needed it to be put on the calendar or something. So, back to last Saturday....That evening, my sweet mother-in-law called to invite all five kiddos over for a sleepover this weekend so that I could rest or nest or whatever I needed to do. YAY!!!! What a blessing! Nesting was officially on the calendar. Hubby helped with a few things this morning, and then left to take care of some church things. Then I cleaned, and pitched, and organized to my uninterrupted heart's content. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment